A tasty way to get your daily dose of healthy vegetables, with a Mexican twist.
- 1 small broccoli (approx.140g)
- 2 spring onions, 1 – thinly sliced and 1 extra shredded for serving
- 1 cup cottage cheese (approx. 200g)
- 1 cup grated cheddar (approx. 120g)
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 a lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 1 egg
- Olive oil spray, to grease
- 4 corn or flour tortillas
- Alfalfa sprouts, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cook broccoli in salted, boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain well and pat dry with paper towel.
- Roughly chop florets, discarding tough stalks.
- Place in a bowl with spring onion, cottage cheese, cheddar, lemon zest and egg. Season, and stir to combine.
- Lightly spray a non-stick ovenproof frypan with oil.
- Place one tortilla in pan, then spread with half the broccoli mixture and top with a second tortilla. Place over medium heat and cook for 4 minutes or until base is golden. Turn quesadilla and cook for a further 3 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to oven and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas and broccoli mixture.
- Cut into wedges and scatter with alfalfa and extra spring onion.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- Category: vegetarian
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 4