The perfect post workout dinner, this vegetarian enchilada is packed with healthy, nutritious for high protein hit after workout.
- 1 onion
- 1 red capsicum
- 425 g can black beans
- 425 g can garbanzo beans
- 15 g nutritional yeast
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- 6 large tortillas
FOR THE ENCHILADA SAUCE:
- 500 ml vegetable broth (more if needed)
- 60 g tomato paste
- 30 g plain flour (GF if desired*)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder (more to taste)
MAKE THE ENCHILADA SAUCE
- In a small bowl, add flour along with cumin, chilli powder, garlic powder, and onion powder and mix them together.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- When hot, add tomato paste, and the bowl of flour and spices.
- Cook 1 minute, whisking continuously. Add broth and continue whisking well. Increase heat and bring to a light boil.
- Reduce to simmer and cook for 8 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Salt to taste and set aside.
MAKE THE ENCHILADAS
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Dice onion and capsicum.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion and capsicum for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice tomatoes. Rinse and drain beans.
- When onions are translucent, reduce heat. Add cumin, paprika, tomatoes, nutritional yeas, and both beans (rinsed and drained). Stir well.
- Heat for 4-5 minutes then set aside.
- In a lightly sprayed 9×13 baking dish, cover the bottom with a thin layer of enchilada sauce.
- Distribute bean mixture in the centre of tortillas. Roll up, tucking in both ends.
- Place all 6 rolled enchiladas in baking dish and top with remaining sauce.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Optional: serve topped with avocado, coriander.
- Category: healthy
- Cuisine: dinner
- Calories: 525
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 68g
- Fiber: 13g
- Protein: 22g