Try a different sort of green leaf salad with this seaweed salad recipe. It is delicious and wondrously simple to prepare, it’s also packed full of health benefits. This recipe is easy to whip up, and makes a fine addition as a side to main dishes like taco rice.
- 50g of dried seaweed/sea vegetable salad
- 1 tbsp awase miso
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp white roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp yuzu juice
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- Pinch of sea salt
- First of all, to get this seaweed re-hydrated, you can use a ready assembled sea vegetable salad, or use a combination of wakame and hijiki seaweed. Simply place in a bowl of water for twenty minutes.
- While the seaweed is soaking, prepare the dressing. This is as easy as combining the miso, soy sauce, mirin, sesame seeds, sesame oil, rice vinegar, yuzu juice, chilli and salt in a bowl and stirring with a whisk. The mixture should not be too thick and should have a delightful aroma.
- Drain the seaweed after rehydrating. Slice into appropriate bite sized pieces if using wakame or other whole seaweed varieties. Place in a bowl and pour over the dressing. Stir, and add a smattering of additional sesame seeds on top and chill before serving.