Simple and delicious! Serve with a side salad and/or some garlic bread. Yum!
- 1 bunch basil, leaves removed
- 16 cooked prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 1 tbs olive oil, extra
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 300g angel hair pasta
- Reserve a few small basil leaves for garnish. Process remaining basil, almonds and garlic until finely chopped. With motor running, gradually add oil, scraping down bowl occasionally.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in parmesan. Season to taste. Cover surface closely with plastic to prevent discolouration.
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water as per packet instructions. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Add extra oil, prawns, pesto and lemon juice to pasta with enough of the cooking water to thin it out a little. Serve immediately, topped with reserved basil.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Cuisine: italian