Weight maintenance tips from myDr members
Here are some tips from myDr members for maintaining a healthy weight:
- I drink plenty of water and allow myself to indulge when I really want to – with small portions!
- I keep my hands busy doing craft so I will not put anything bad in my mouth.
- Instead of snacking on lollies, chips etc go to the fruit basket, I did (plus exercise) and have lost 8 kilos so far, in 4 weeks!
- I always have a good breakfast of oats and fruit to give me the energy for the day + drink plenty of fluids with 45 minutes of walking exercise a day.
- I've bought a Wii Fit, use it everyday, gives a great workout (even with arthritis in my feet) and I eat lots of fresh fruit and veg.
- By ensuring that both your mind and body are nourished by positive thought, regular exercise and a balanced diet.
- Make sure you exercise for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Eat lean meat, fish, non starchy veg, fruit, some nuts and seeds. Eat to support exercise not body fat. Constantly vary your exercise regime.
- Not eating late in the evening and not eating too quickly. take your time and let the food reach your stomach before going back for seconds.
- Eat fruits and veggies in very small portions every 3 hrs to convince the brain to tell the body to burn fat & drink a lot of water.
- Recognise the difference between your body telling you that you are hungry or thirsty – this can save you from a kilojoule intake.
- There's a rule in my house that the last biscuit in the packet is mine. I can indulge but I can't go back for more.
- Eat everything you like, but everything in smaller portions than you would like to eat.
- Choose a form of exercise you enjoy, because you are much more likely to stick to it.
- Have a baby – the running around after them makes you quite slim.
- Drink lots of water and enjoy beautiful fresh fruit and vegeatables.
- Walk wherever & whenever possible – to post letters, buy milk, pay bills, buy lunch – wherever, whenever possible!!
- 20 minutes of exercise every day, doing something different so you don't get bored: walking, zumba, Wii-Fit, exercise bike, real bike – mix it up & stay interested.
- Walk to work if you can. Saves money and keeps you fit!
- To maintain a healthy weight,eat small portioned healthy food,drink plenty of water and exercise regularly.
- Eating Fresh local produce and going to the gym 4-5 times a week.
- Getting out & seeing the world! Walking through rainforest trails, swimming in beautiful beaches and enjoying every second!
- Always eat off a plate even if it is just a biscuit. This has cut down my snacks because I hate washing up.
- Never skip breakfast. Stick to correct portion sizes, walk 3-4 times a week and allowing yourself a treat every now and then
- To eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and exercise regularly.
- Get moving..housework, walking, gardening..these all add up to burning off weight!
- Nourish your body with healthy organic food so that it's not starving nutritionally. Enjoy food, don't restrict yourself because stress is FULL of calories. 🙂
- Put the 'fun' back in 'fit' and regain your childlike desire for activity…play sport with friends, tackle the playground equipment, even jump rope.
- Eat less take-aways and more fresh fruit and veggies … and drink plenty of water.
Last Reviewed: 19/07/2010