Probiotics + Lactoferrin + Zinc |For healthy skin and immune system support
Consumer Medicine Information
1. What is in the leaflet?
This leaflet answers some of the more common questions about Lactoferrin Enhanced capsules.
It does not contain all the available information. It does not take the place of talking to your healthcare professional.
All medicines have risks and benefits. Your doctor has weighed the risks of you taking Lactoferrin Enhanced capsules against the benefits they expect it will have for you.
If you have any concerns about taking this medicine, ask your healthcare professional.
Keep this leaflet with the medicine. You may need to read it again.
2. What Lactoferrin Enhanced is used for
Lactoferrin Enhanced is a unique combination of lactoferrin, olive leaf extract, probiotics and zinc to support a healthy immune response and regulate gastrointestinal health.
Lactoferrin is a naturally occurring glycoprotein found in mucosal secretions, human milk and colostrum. It is a component of the innate immune response and protects against a variety of pathogens. Lactoferrin provides antiinflammatory and antimicrobial activity, and may help to reduce inflammatory lesions associated with mild-moderate acne vulgaris. Bonolive® is a clinically trialled extract of olive leaf. Intake of Bonolive® has been shown to lead to excellent bioavailabilty of bioactive metabolites in pharmacokinetic research. Bonolive® has been shown to promote bone health by stimulating osteoblast growth in a clinical study. Olive leaf extract has been found to exhibit broad spectrum antimicrobial properties against viruses and bacteria in vitro.
Your healthcare professional may have prescribed Lactoferrin Enhanced for another reason.
Ask your healthcare professional if you have any questions concerning why Lactoferrin Enhance as been prescribed for you.
Lactoferrin Enhanced is not addictive.
3. Before you take Lactoferrin Enhanced
If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.
Lactoferrin is derived from cow’s milk and contains cow’s milk proteins.
Do not take Lactoferrin Enhanced if:
- You have had an allergic reaction to Lactoferrin Enhanced, or any ingredient in Lactoferrin Enhanced (listed in section 8).
- The safety seal is broken, missing or shows signs of tampering.
- The expiry date (EXP) printed on the pack has passed.
If you take this medicine after the expiry date has passed, it may not work as well.
If you are not sure you should start taking Lactoferrin Enhanced contact your health professional.
Before you take Lactoferrin Enhanced, tell your doctor if:
- You have any allergies to any other medicines, foods, preservatives, dyes or additives.
If you experience any allergic reaction or other side effects after consuming Lactoferrin Enhanced you should discontinue use and consult with your healthcare professional.
- You are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- You are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed.
- You have or have had any other health problems or issues including:
- Stomach or bowel disease
- Compromised immune system (HIV/ AIDS and cancer treatment patients)
- Short bowel syndrome
- You drink large amounts of alcohol.
- You are taking other medicines.
Tell your healthcare professional if you are taking any other medicines, including any that you get without a prescription.
Some medicines may interfere with Lactoferrin Enhanced. These include:
- Immunosuppressant Drugs
These medicines may be affected by Lactoferrin Enhanced, or may affect how well it works. You may need to take different amounts of your medicine, or you may need to take different medicines. Your doctor will advise you.
Your healthcare professional has more information on medicines to be careful with or avoid while taking Lactoferrin Enhanced.
Ask your healthcare professional if you are not sure about this list of medicines.
If you have not told your healthcare professional about any of the above, tell them before you start taking Lactoferrin Enhanced.
4. How to take Lactoferrin Enhanced
- Follow all directions given to you by your healthcare professional carefully.
- Take Lactoferrin Enhanced exactly as your healthcare professional has prescribed.
This may differ from the information contained in this leaflet.
- How much Lactoferrin Enhanced should be taken?
For adults, take 1-2 capsules, up to two times per day. Capsules not to be given to children under 4 years of age, to be administered as directed by your healthcare professional.
Your healthcare professional will tell you how many Lactoferrin Enhanced capsules to take each day. This depends on the condition being treated and whether any other medicines are being used.
- How to take Lactoferrin Enhanced
Capsules should be swallowed whole.
Capsules can also be broken open and put on cold foods. Consult with your healthcare professional if you are unsure.
Do not take any capsules that are damaged.
- When to take Lactoferrin Enhanced
Take Lactoferrin Enhanced at least 2 hours apart from prescription drugs.
- How long to take Lactoferrin Enhanced
Take Lactoferrin Enhanced as long as your healthcare professional prescribes.
- If you forget to take Lactoferrin Enhanced
Do not try to make up for missed doses by taking an extra dose. This may increase the chance of experiencing an unwanted side effect.
If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the dose you missed and take the next dose when you are supposed to.
If you are unsure of what to do, check with your healthcare professional.
- If you have taken too much Lactoferrin Enhanced (overdose)
Please visit your healthcare professional if there are signs of discomfort. Tell them how much Lactoferrin Enhanced you took and they will determine what action is best for your health.
5. While you are taking Lactoferrin Enhanced
Things you MUST do:
- If you become pregnant while taking Lactoferrin Enhanced, tell your healthcare professional immediately.
- If you are about to start taking a new medicine, tell your healthcare professional that you are taking Lactoferrin Enhanced.
- If you are planning to have surgery, including dental surgery, tell your healthcare professional that you are taking Lactoferrin Enhanced.
- Always follow your healthcare professional’s instructions carefully.
Things you MUST NOT do:
- Do not heat Lactoferrin Enhanced or add into hot foods.
- Do not expose Lactoferrin Enhanced to extreme heat conditions for extended periods of time.
Things to be careful of:
As Lactoferrin Enhanced contains probiotic strains, taking antibiotics along with probiotics can reduce the effectiveness of the probiotics.
To avoid this interaction, take Lactoferrin Enhanced at least 2 hours before or after antibiotics.
You should discuss this with your healthcare professional.
6. Side Effects
nced has low risk of side effects when taken as directed.
Ask your healthcare professional to answer any questions you may have.
Tell your healthcare professional if you notice any of the following and they worry you:
- Cramps or pain in the stomach area
- Mucus in the stool
- Swollen or bloated stomach area
- Discomfort in the upper stomach area
These side effects are usually mild and dose related. Most of them disappear completely in a few days to a few weeks after the dose of Lactoferrin Enhanced is lowered or stopped.
Tell your healthcare professional immediately if you experience any of the following:
- loss of appetite
- shortness of breath
- nausea and vomiting
Tell your doctor if you notice anything else that is making you feel unwell.
7. After taking Lactoferrin Enhanced
Keep Lactoferrin Enhanced in its bottle until it is time to take it. If you take the capsules out of the bottle they may not keep well.
Store Lactoferrin Enhanced at 2°C – 8°C. Refrigerate, do not freeze.
Do not store Lactoferrin Enhanced, or any other medicine, in a bathroom or near a sink. Do not leave it in the car or on a window sill.
Heat and dampness can destroy the medicine.
Protect Lactoferrin Enhanced from light.
Keep out of the reach of children.
8. Product description
What Lactoferrin Enhanced looks like:
Lactoferrin Enhanced is a hard capsule. Lactoferrin Enhanced is packed in a recyclable bottle with a safety seal over the cap. Lactoferrin Enhanced is available in bottles containing 60 capsules.
Active Ingredients PER capsule:
- Lactoferrin (bovine) 150 mg
- Bifdoibacterium animalis ssp. lactis (Med 13) 100 million
- Bifdoibacterium longum (Med 15) 100 million
- Zinc Glycinate 15.674 mg
- Equiv. Zinc 5 mg
- BonOlive® Olea Europaea Extract 500 mg
- Magnesium stearate
- Citric Acid
The capsule shell contains
- Vegetable Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
Lactoferrin Enhanced is supplied in Australia by:
A division of Medlab Clinical Limited™
66 McCauley Street
Alexandria NSW 2015
Toll free: 1300 369 570
Australian Listing Number
AUST L 290303
This Leaflet was prepared in Aug 2017
Medlab Clinical Limited ™
Published by MIMS December 2017