flo Nasal Mist
Consumer Medicine Information
What is Flo Nasal Mist?
Flo Nasal Mist is a sterile, preservative-free, non-medicated, isotonic saline solution containing sodium chloride, potassium chloride and calcium chloride. This solution is also known as “Ringer’s Solution”.
How does Flo Nasal Mist work?
It helps to thin and loosen thick excess mucus and wash it out of the nasal passages to clear congestion associated with colds, sinusitis, allergies and hayfever.
Clearing the nose can help relieve nasal congestion and minimise mouth breathing.
Washing the nose with saline also helps to reduce the load of irritants and allergens such as pollen, pet dander, house dust mite and air pollutants trapped in nasal mucus. Consequently, the severity of symptoms associated with hayfever and allergies such as nasal congestion, sneezing, watery eyes may be decreased.
How to use
- Administering a dose: Remove the protective cap covering the nozzle. Hold the canister in the palm of your hand with the index finger over the nozzle base marked with two arrow heads.
- With the head held upright insert the nozzle tip into one nostril. Now angle the canister so that the nozzle tip is pointing towards the bottom of the ear lobe on the same side of the head.
- Depress the touch button of the nozzle with the index finger to start the spray and inhale gently through the nose. Keep the touch button depressed for 2-3 seconds. You may feel or taste the slightly salty solution at the back of your throat. This is normal. Try not to swallow this solution. However if you do, it is not harmful.
- Remove the nozzle from your nostril and blow your nose to clear mucus and any remaining solution. You can also spit out any solution still left behind at the back of your throat.
- Now repeat this procedure with the other nostril.
- After use clean nozzle with soapy water and rinse with hot water and dry with a clean tissue. Replace protective cap.
Flo Nasal Mist can be used in adults and children over 6 years of age. Use up to 4 times daily or as often as directed by your healthcare practitioner to relieve nasal congestion. Varying dose of solution within recommendations may be achieved by holding down the touch button for longer or shorter periods of time.
The use of this device by more than one person may spread infections. Clean nozzle in soapy water and rinse with hot water after use. Do not use if any of the seals on the carton are damaged or missing.
Store below 30°C. Always store in carton in which product is supplied.
Pressurised container: May burst if heated. Do not pierce or burn, even after use. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. Protect from sunlight. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50°C/122°F. Keep out of reach of children.
Can Flo Nasal Mist be used in pregnancy and while breastfeeding?
Flo Nasal Mist can be used during both pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
Can Flo Nasal Mist be used with other medications?
Flo Nasal Mist is non-medicated and preservative-free and can be used with other nasal medications. However, if you are using another nasal product then it is advisable to use Flo Nasal Mist first and allow 10 minutes before using the second nasal spray. For further information, please refer to your healthcare practitioner.
Are there any side effects when using Flo Nasal Mist?
Flo Nasal Mist is a non-medicated, preservative-free solution and as such you should not experience any side effects while using it as directed. However, if you do experience any nasal discomfort or increased nasal congestion you should stop using it and see your healthcare practitioner.
How is Flo Nasal Mist packed?
Flo Nasal Mist is presented in a 50 mL continuous spray canister. If used as directed, this canister contains approximately 20 doses per nostril. The outer carton is sealed with tabs on the top and bottom of the carton. Do not use this product if the tabs have been removed or are damaged in any way.
When does Flo Nasal Mist expire?
There is an expiry date stamped on the outer carton and on the base of the canister. Do not use the product after the expiry date has passed.
This leaflet does not represent all the information on Flo Nasal Mist. If you have any questions about the product then please consult your healthcare practitioner. Alternatively, contact ENT Technologies (contact details below).
Always use this product as directed and see your healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist.
ENT Technologies Pty Ltd,
304/12 Cato Street, Hawthorn East, Victoria, 3123, Australia
Local: 1300 857 912
International +61 3 9832 3700
This information leaflet was updated on 3rd April, 2018.
Published by MIMS December 2018