So simple but so delicious! This easy recipe is creamy, and crunchy. It’ll become a family favourite.
- 2 iceberg lettuces, outer leaves removed
- 1 bunch chives, snipped
- 1/2 bunch dill, fronds picked
- 50–70g creamy sheep’s milk feta (Bulgarian sheep’s milk feta works, or even a Danish cow’s milk feta would be good too)
- 30g thinly sliced eschalot
- 50ml white wine vinegar (if you can’t find that, add 2 tsp honey to regular white wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/ 2 tsp dried oregano
- 120ml extra-virgin olive oil
- First, make your vinaigrette. In a small bowl or jar with a lid, combine the eschalot, vinegar and salt. Leave to macerate for about 15 minutes. Next, add the oregano and olive oil and mix or shake to combine.
- Cut your iceberg into thin, long wedges and arrange on a platter. Shake the dressing up just before pouring it over the lettuce. Sprinkle a bit of salt on top, followed by the chives and dill, then shave slices of cheese over the whole thing, or simply crumble it in. Serve immediately.
- Category: salad
- Method: easy
- Cuisine: vegetarian