- 250g punnet strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 2 cups milk
- 1 medium ripe pear, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons natural sliced almonds, toasted
1. Toss strawberries, brown sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. Set aside until sugar has dissolved.
2. Add pear to saucepan with oats and milk, simmer and stir til thickened.
3. To serve, divide oats between 2 bowls. Top with yoghurt and strawberries. Sprinkle with almonds.
- To toast almonds, stir in a small frying pan over a medium heat until lightly golden.
- Strawberries can be replaced with raspberries or blueberries.
- Category: healthy