This is a versatile egg dish, you could have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner or brunch. Add some chilli for some extra bite!
- 100g thin-stemmed broccoli , trimmed and halved
- 200g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 4 medium free-range eggs (fridge cold)
- 2 wholemeal flatbreads
- 2 tsp mixed seeds (such as sunflower, pumpkin, sesame and linseed)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- good pinch of chilli flakes
- Boil the kettle. Heat oven to 120C/100C fan/gas 1/2 and put an ovenproof plate inside to warm up.
- Fill a wide-based saucepan one-third full of water from the kettle and bring to the boil.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the tomatoes, return to the boil and cook for 30 secs.
- Lift out with tongs or a slotted spoon and place on the warm plate in the oven while you poach the eggs.
- Return the water to a gentle simmer. Break the eggs into the pan, one at a time, and cook for 2 1/2 – 3 mins or until the whites are set and the yolks are runny.
- Divide the flatbreads between the two plates and top with the broccoli and tomatoes.
- Use a slotted spoon to drain the eggs, then place on top.
- Sprinkle with the seeds and drizzle with the oil.
- Season with a little black pepper and the chilli flakes, and serve immediately.