Everything you need to know about COVID-19 – symptoms, tests, protecting yourself, and the latest research.
Corona Virus Basics
Corona Virus Symptoms
Corona Virus Prevention
Coronavirus and Older People
Coronavirus and other Health Conditions
Latest Research and News
Images and Animations
Map of Cases Worldwide
- Video: What will happen if I get coronavirus?
- Video: Why is there so much panic around this virus?
- Resources and further information
- Video: Telehealth during COVID-19
- Growing number of ‘long haul’ COVID-19 patients
- Video: Are there long-lasting cognitive effects from COVID-19?
- What if I have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms?
- How to use a digital thermometer
- Video: Can a person be infectious before showing symptoms of COVID-19?
- Fever self-care
- COVID toes
- Eye symptoms in patients with COVID-19
- Video: What is a cytokine storm? Does it happen in COVID-19?
- Video: Some COVID-19 patients have low oxygen levels, but don’t struggle to breathe
- Coronavirus: protecting yourself and your family
- Video: Which healthcare workers are most at risk?
- Video: Are gyms the weakest link in NSW?
- Video: Why Christmas could be a super spreading event
- Video: Protecting older people from COVID-19
- Video: 5 Things not to do in the supermarket
- Video: How close are we to getting a vaccine?
- Video: Why is washing your hands so important?
- Video: Does the virus survive on surfaces?
- Video: How long can the virus survive on surfaces and still be infectious?
- Video: Does quarantine work?
- Video: Is there a vaccine?
- Video: What can I be doing to prevent myself from getting coronavirus?
- Video: Is stool infectious?
- Video: Can you get coronavirus from food?
- Flu vaccination
- Cough etiquette
- How to make a cloth face mask
- How to adjust to wearing a face mask
- Face mask fails you don’t want to make
- Video: What to say to an anti-masker
- Video: How effective are face masks?
- Video: How to get kids to wear a face mask
- Video: Choosing a face mask
- Video: Do face masks work?
- Video: How is a COVID-19 test done?
- Video: How do I get tested?
- Video: What should I do to prepare for self-isolation?
- Video: What would happen if I was told to self-isolate?
- Video: What is self-isolation?
- Video: What are the rules for quarantine?
- Video: How long does an infected person shed virus?
Coronavirus and mental health
- Video: 5-Step mental health plan for lockdown
- Video: Why alcohol is not a good coping strategy during COVID-19
- Video: Overwhelmed by COVID-19?
- Video: Managing anxiety during COVID-19
- Video: Daily actions to support mental health
- Video: Mental health in self-isolation
- Video: Will COVID-19 trigger my PTSD?
- Video: Social distancing and mental health
- Video: How to stay positive in this crisis
Coronavirus in pregnancy and in babies
- Video: Should I get pregnant during the COVID era?
- Video: Is there a risk to pregnant women?
- Video: Should pregnant women avoid public gatherings?
- Video: What if I test positive for coronavirus while pregnant?
- Video: What effect does coronavirus have on pregnant women?
- Video: What should I do if I think I’ve been exposed to the coronavirus?
- Video: What is the advice if I am a healthcare worker and pregnant?
- Video: Can I still attend my antenatal appointments if I am in self-isolation?
- Video: What is the travel advice if I am pregnant?
- Video: What effect will coronavirus have on my baby if I am infected in pregnancy?
- Video: What happens if I’m in self-isolation and I have to give birth?
- Video: Should I be worried about my newborn?
- Video: Could I pass coronavirus to my baby by breastfeeding?
Coronavirus and kids
- Video: Talking to kids about COVID-19
- Video: Are kids immune to coronavirus?
- Video: Is it worth shutting down schools?
- Video: Should I cancel my child’s birthday party?
Coronavirus and older people
- Older Persons COVID-19 support line
- Aged care home changes during COVID-19
- Aged care advocates
- Video: How can older people stay connected during COVID-19?
- Video: How many cases a day can we live with?
- Video: Are Victoria’s numbers really going down as much as we think?
- Video: Are there long-lasting cognitive effects from COVID-19?
- Video: Does vitamin D deficiency affect COVID-19 severity?
- Video: Will the flu shot protect me from COVID-19?
- Video: Should you get a flu shot early this year
- Video: Can coronavirus hide in the brain?
- Video: Where can I find out about travel restrictions?
- Video: Is there medication for coronavirus?
- Video: Can you get coronavirus twice?
- Video: Do I need 8000 rolls of toilet paper?
- Video: Can dogs get COVID-19?
- Video: Why did the virus spread so quickly in Italy?
- Video: Are swimming pools safe?
- Video: Do anti-inflammatories stimulate coronavirus?
- Video: Does climate affect COVID-19?
- Video: What foods and drinks should I avoid with COVID-19?
- Video: What should I buy in the event of a shutdown?
- Video: Are there risks in communal quarters?
- Video: What advice do you give to people catching public transport?
- Video: Are there any foods I should be eating to build immunity?
- Video: COVID-19: do blood pressure medicines increase risk?
- Video: What is social distancing?
- Video: Should I be cleaning my mobile phone regularly?
- Video: I am in self-isolation in an apartment block. Am I able to go out to the common areas?
Coronavirus and other health conditions
- Video: How to get your diabetes under control
- Video: Are people with asthma more at risk of COVID-19?
- Heart disease increases risk of severe COVID-19
- Dementia and COVID-19: tips for people living with dementia
- Dementia and COVID-19: tips for carers, families and friends of people with dementia
- Cancer and COVID-19
- Video: Are people on anticoagulants protected from effects of COVID-19?
- Video: Should I stop chemotherapy or other treatments?
- Video: Should I continue with elective surgery?
- Video: Should I cancel my dental appointment?
Latest research and news
- Autopsies show DVTs and pulmonary embolism in COVID-19 deaths
- COVID-19: how far can the SARS-CoV-2 virus travel in air?
- Australian scientists are working on an immunity test for COVID-19
- Heart disease a risk for severe COVID-19 disease and complications
- Anti-parasitic drug ivermectin kills SARS-CoV-2 virus
- CSIRO starts testing 2 potential COVID-19 vaccines
- Coronavirus still detectable in sputum and stool after throat swabs become negative
- COVID-19 survivors’ blood plasma may help critically ill
- COVID-19 training tool for lung CT scans could help diagnosis
- Gastrointestinal symptoms are common in COVID-19
- Can loss of sense of smell be a symptom of COVID-19?
- WHO launches SOLIDARITY trial of 4 potential COVID-19 treatments
- COVID-19: Young people can be severely affected too
- COVID-19 pandemic has natural origins
- Australian scientists map the immune response to COVID-19
Images and animations
Map of cases worldwide
Interactive map of confirmed cases, recovered cases and deaths worldwide from Johns Hopkins University