Everything you need to know about COVID-19 – symptoms, tests, protecting yourself, and the latest research.
Latest Coronavirus Articles
Map of Cases Worldwide
- Video: What will happen if I get coronavirus?
- Video: Why is there so much panic around this virus?
- Resources and further information
- Video: Telehealth during COVID-19
- Growing number of ‘long haul’ COVID-19 patients
- Video: Are there long-lasting cognitive effects from COVID-19?
- What if I have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms?
- How to use a digital thermometer
- Video: Can a person be infectious before showing symptoms of COVID-19?
- Fever self-care
- COVID toes
- Eye symptoms in patients with COVID-19
- Video: What is a cytokine storm? Does it happen in COVID-19?
- Video: Some COVID-19 patients have low oxygen levels, but don’t struggle to breathe
- Coronavirus: protecting yourself and your family
- Video: Which healthcare workers are most at risk?
- Video: Are gyms the weakest link in NSW?
- Video: Why Christmas could be a super spreading event
- Video: Protecting older people from COVID-19
- Video: 5 Things not to do in the supermarket
- Video: How close are we to getting a vaccine?
- Video: Why is washing your hands so important?
- Video: Does the virus survive on surfaces?
- Video: How long can the virus survive on surfaces and still be infectious?
- Video: Does quarantine work?
- Video: Is there a vaccine?
- Video: What can I be doing to prevent myself from getting coronavirus?
- Video: Is stool infectious?
- Video: Can you get coronavirus from food?
- Flu vaccination
- Cough etiquette
- How to make a cloth face mask
- How to adjust to wearing a face mask
- Face mask fails you don’t want to make
- Video: What to say to an anti-masker
- Video: How effective are face masks?
- Video: How to get kids to wear a face mask
- Video: Choosing a face mask
- Video: Do face masks work?
- Video: How is a COVID-19 test done?
- Video: How do I get tested?
- Video: What should I do to prepare for self-isolation?
- Video: What would happen if I was told to self-isolate?
- Video: What is self-isolation?
- Video: What are the rules for quarantine?
- Video: How long does an infected person shed virus?
Coronavirus and mental health
- Video: 5-Step mental health plan for lockdown
- Video: Why alcohol is not a good coping strategy during COVID-19
- Video: Overwhelmed by COVID-19?
- Video: Managing anxiety during COVID-19
- Video: Daily actions to support mental health
- Video: Mental health in self-isolation
- Video: Will COVID-19 trigger my PTSD?
- Video: Social distancing and mental health
- Video: How to stay positive in this crisis
Coronavirus in pregnancy and in babies
- Video: Should I get pregnant during the COVID era?
- Video: Is there a risk to pregnant women?
- Video: Should pregnant women avoid public gatherings?
- Video: What if I test positive for coronavirus while pregnant?
- Video: What effect does coronavirus have on pregnant women?
- Video: What should I do if I think I’ve been exposed to the coronavirus?
- Video: What is the advice if I am a healthcare worker and pregnant?
- Video: Can I still attend my antenatal appointments if I am in self-isolation?
- Video: What is the travel advice if I am pregnant?
- Video: What effect will coronavirus have on my baby if I am infected in pregnancy?
- Video: What happens if I’m in self-isolation and I have to give birth?
- Video: Should I be worried about my newborn?
- Video: Could I pass coronavirus to my baby by breastfeeding?
Coronavirus and kids
- Video: Talking to kids about COVID-19
- Video: Are kids immune to coronavirus?
- Video: Is it worth shutting down schools?
- Video: Should I cancel my child’s birthday party?
Coronavirus and older people
- Older Persons COVID-19 support line
- Aged care home changes during COVID-19
- Aged care advocates
- Video: How can older people stay connected during COVID-19?
- Video: How many cases a day can we live with?
- Video: Are Victoria’s numbers really going down as much as we think?
- Video: Are there long-lasting cognitive effects from COVID-19?
- Video: Does vitamin D deficiency affect COVID-19 severity?
- Video: Will the flu shot protect me from COVID-19?
- Video: Should you get a flu shot early this year
- Video: Can coronavirus hide in the brain?
- Video: Where can I find out about travel restrictions?
- Video: Is there medication for coronavirus?
- Video: Can you get coronavirus twice?
- Video: Do I need 8000 rolls of toilet paper?
- Video: Can dogs get COVID-19?
- Video: Why did the virus spread so quickly in Italy?
- Video: Are swimming pools safe?
- Video: Do anti-inflammatories stimulate coronavirus?
- Video: Does climate affect COVID-19?
- Video: What foods and drinks should I avoid with COVID-19?
- Video: What should I buy in the event of a shutdown?
- Video: Are there risks in communal quarters?
- Video: What advice do you give to people catching public transport?
- Video: Are there any foods I should be eating to build immunity?
- Video: COVID-19: do blood pressure medicines increase risk?
- Video: What is social distancing?
- Video: Should I be cleaning my mobile phone regularly?
- Video: I am in self-isolation in an apartment block. Am I able to go out to the common areas?
Coronavirus and other health conditions
- Video: How to get your diabetes under control
- Video: Are people with asthma more at risk of COVID-19?
- Heart disease increases risk of severe COVID-19
- Dementia and COVID-19: tips for people living with dementia
- Dementia and COVID-19: tips for carers, families and friends of people with dementia
- Cancer and COVID-19
- Video: Are people on anticoagulants protected from effects of COVID-19?
- Video: Should I stop chemotherapy or other treatments?
- Video: Should I continue with elective surgery?
- Video: Should I cancel my dental appointment?
Latest research and news
- Autopsies show DVTs and pulmonary embolism in COVID-19 deaths
- COVID-19: how far can the SARS-CoV-2 virus travel in air?
- Australian scientists are working on an immunity test for COVID-19
- Heart disease a risk for severe COVID-19 disease and complications
- Anti-parasitic drug ivermectin kills SARS-CoV-2 virus
- CSIRO starts testing 2 potential COVID-19 vaccines
- Coronavirus still detectable in sputum and stool after throat swabs become negative
- COVID-19 survivors’ blood plasma may help critically ill
- COVID-19 training tool for lung CT scans could help diagnosis
- Gastrointestinal symptoms are common in COVID-19
- Can loss of sense of smell be a symptom of COVID-19?
- WHO launches SOLIDARITY trial of 4 potential COVID-19 treatments
- COVID-19: Young people can be severely affected too
- COVID-19 pandemic has natural origins
- Australian scientists map the immune response to COVID-19
Images and animations
Map of cases worldwide
Interactive map of confirmed cases, recovered cases and deaths worldwide from Johns Hopkins University