One of the best chicken and mushroom sauce recipes. This wonderful dish accentuates the flavours of all it’s ingredients and will be a hit with your friends and family.
- Chicken breasts
- Brown Onions
- Button Mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Heat up your frying pan.
*Get the pan nice and hot, by getting the pan nice and hot, you’re gonna cook fast and it’s gonna cook nice and quick.
- Add a little bit of olive oil, and twirl that around.
*Without oil, you don’t create frying, without frying, you don’t create colour.
- Add chicken breasts and place it into our frying pan. *Don’t season it yet. The reason is adding salt onto the meat before turning it is going to dehydrate the meat.
You wanna make sure we get that salt to melt into the chicken and therefore capture as much flavour as possible.
- Flip the chicken around.
*That colour that you see on the chicken, actually means the sweetness and the caramel coming out of the chicken, giving you that maximum flavour.
- Now add in your onions and garlic and give them quick stir around.
*Get that chicken frying, get that onion frying.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add your chopped up thyme and place it onto our pan.
*We’re gonna get that really frying, as that fries off, you should smell the garlic, the onion, and the thyme. And remember, anything you smell, you’re actually gonna taste. So if you’re smelling it, you’re definitely gonna taste it.
- Give your pan a good stir around. Make sure the onions and the thyme are cooking beautifully.
*Only add in the cream when the chicken is about half cooked. Then the cream is gonna fully cook it and your chicken is gonna be perfectly cooked and not over cooked.
- Add in the button mushrooms
* This is the fungi part, add the mushrooms and Give the contents of the pan a good stir and add some cream and simply let that simmer off.
- Now that the chicken is seasoned. Now we’re gonna season the sauce with a bit of salt.
*Once we get rid of all this water and all this steam, the flavour inside that Chicken Fungi is gonna be amazing, so we stir it around. We make sure that sauce is kind of like thick, thick enough to coat the back of your spoon is usually a good kind of indication.Plating
- First place plate your chicken and mushroom on a plate. You can see the sweet wonderful tender chicken, the beautiful colour of the mushrooms.
- Now pour that sauce just over the top, making sure you get all those wonderful mushrooms and all the gorgeous flavour on top.
- And now you you’re ready to enjoy your amazing Chicken Fungi.
Alternative Serving Suggestions
- You can also serve this amazing dish on a bed of rice or pasta or cauliflower rice. It also goes well on couscous, or just a bed of your favourite salad.
- I guarantee you its gonna be a winner with the family, any day of the week. Enjoy.
- You’ve gotta make sure your pan is smoking hot, the reason why we wanna make sure your pan is smoking hot, ’cause if you don’t make sure your pan’s smoking hot, your chicken’s, gonna stick to the frying pan. It happens, it happens all the time. Okay? So, our pan is nice and smoking hot.
Preparing your butterflied chicken breasts:
- What we have here, is our butterflied chicken breasts, which we’ve simply just simply made a lot thinner so it’s gonna cook a lot nicer.
Preparing your Garlic and Thyme:
- Grab our knife nice and flat on our garlic, and give it a good whack.We wanna try and keep that garlic nice and whole, because that garlic is simply gonna fry off and it’s gonna flavour and season our oil. So when it goes into our sauce, it’s gonna taste cracker.
Choice of Mushrooms:
- The reason why I use button mushrooms, it’s nice and simple. The reason, the reason why is because the button mushrooms kind of have a little bit more of a young flavour and it’s not gonna blacken my sauce. Where a field mushroom where you see all that black in the middle is actually gonna flavour the sauce way too much. So you don’t want to do that, you don’t want to send it black, you want to keep a beautiful and white.