Welcome to Birkdale Medical
Birkdale Medical was established in 1984. We are located at Birkdale Place at 120 Birkdale Road Birkdale. Our doctors are experienced in all aspects of family care.
For information about Hepatitis A which may be contracted by eating imported berries please click on LINKS on the top tool bar.
Birkdale Medical provides the following services:
Children's Health & Vaccinations
- doctors experienced in child health
- all children bulk billed during business hours 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- routine vaccinations
- well baby checks performed
Heart and Cholesterol Check
- heart risk factor assessments
- cholesterol testing and dietary advice
- heart abnormalities investigated using our interpretative ECG machine
Blood Sugar Tests and Diabetic Advice
- on the spot blood sugar tests
- pap smears, contaceptive advice, menopause advice
- pregnancy tests and shared antenatal care
- men's health checks (including testing and advice on cholesterol levels, blood pressure, smoking, weight and skin checks) performed and encouraged
- prostate checks, impotence advice
- doctors experienced in checking moles and diagnosing skin cancer
- treatment includes cryotherapy (freezing of sunspots, warts etc with liquid nitrogen), or surgical excision using materials & equipment that are either disposable or sterilized in our steam autoclave.
- doctors consult with specialist travel advisors to provide up to date travel health information
- many destinations require vaccinations at least four weeks prior to travel
- please consult your Doctor with your travel intinerary well before your departure.
Our opening hours
- Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm
- Saturday 8am - 12pm
- Sunday and Public holidays - We are closed.
Phone 3207 4600 for an appointment.