120 Birkdale Rd
BIRKDALE, QLD 4159
Welcome to Birkdale Medical
Birkdale Medical was established in 1984. We are located at Birkdale Place at 120 Birkdale Road Birkdale. Our doctors are experienced in all aspects of family care.
Birkdale Medical provides the following services:
Children's Health & Vaccinations
- Doctors experienced in child health
- All children bulk billed during business hours 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- Routine vaccinations performed by experienced Registered Nurses
- Well baby checks performed
Heart and Cholesterol Check
- Heart risk factor assessments
- On the spot blood pressure measurements by our RNs
- Cholesterol testing and dietary advice
- Heart disease investigated using our interpretative ECG machine
Blood Sugar Tests and Diabetic Advice
- On the spot blood sugar tests
- Doctors and nurses experienced in managing diabetes
- We have 6 female doctors who are able to perform pap smears and provide contraceptive advice and menopause advice
- Implanon insertions
- Pregnancy tests and shared antenatal care
- Men's health checks (including testing and advice on cholesterol levels, blood pressure, smoking, weight and skin checks) performed and encouraged
- Prostate checks, impotence advice
- Doctors experienced in checking moles and diagnosing skin cancer
- Treatment includes cryotherapy (freezing of sunspots, warts etc with liquid nitrogen), or surgical excision using materials & equipment that are either disposable or sterilized in our steam autoclave.
- We provide a detailed medical advice report for your journey using up-to-date information supplied by MASTA (Medical Advisory Service for Travellers Abroad)
- Most destinations require vaccinations at least four weeks prior to travel
- Common travel vaccines are kept in stock in our dedicated vaccine refrigerator
- Consult one of our doctors with your travel intinerary well before your departure
Our opening hours
- Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm
- Saturday 8am - 12pm
- Sunday and Public holidays - We are closed.
Phone 3207 4600 for an appointment.
We are currently experiencing maintenance issues with areas of our website. PRACTICE POLICIES will be updated as soon as this issue has been fixed.